Master Classes, Workshops, Displays, Vendors
A delightful and friendly gathering of all things fibre.
Mona Smith has extensive experience in sewing, machine embroidery and quilting. With her embroidery machine, she has made beautiful embroidery on both fabric and cork resulting in beautiful purses, bags and wallets. At the most recent show of the Nelson Quilt Guild, her quilt won the enviable “visitor’s choice” award.
Sam Alberts is a professional longarm quilter based in Grand Forks, BC. With a modern and fresh style, she had a quilt juried into QuiltCon 2022 and was featured in The Quilt Show Newsletter. Covid impacted her in-person teaching, but she adapted by teaching online and launching the YouTube channel "Quilting Curve Studio". Sam was recently on the podcast "Stitched by Susan". As a bright and inspiring educator, Sam shares her love of quilting through her teachings.
Katherine Bonham lives in Calgary, Alberta. She likes to make stuff, starting with sewing up some epic historical, theatre, and fantasy costumes. Then she got into weaving, which led to spinning, and now she's all about wet felt-making. She thinks that anyone can do wet felt-making, no matter their age and that you can make anything your heart desires out of felt, so why not give it a try?
- Fri, Jun 23Lucerne SchoolA wonderful and exclusive evening event that allows you to meet the instructors and vendors in a small group setting.
- Sat, Jun 24Lucerne SchoolNeed a new tote? Come to our class and make yourself a beautiful zippered tote while having fun!
- Sat, Jun 24Lucerne SchoolOverwhelmed when you look at a quilt top? Learn about longarm, ruler types, planning a quilt design, marking a design, and all the tips in-between.
- Sun, Jun 25Lucerne SchoolUsing wet felting techniques, learn to make a 3D vessel that is beautiful and useful.
- Sun, Jun 25Lucerne SchoolSewing with cork is not difficult and adds an elegant and interesting look to a bag, wallet or purse. Join Mona to learn the details of sewing with cork while you make a lovely "resort bag".
Find kits for all
the class materials at
STAY IN THE LOOP